Re: Report on DIDs from W3C TPAC 2017 (was: Re: [AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, November 14th 12 ET)

Manu, I too might end out with a conflict for tomorrow's W3C Credentials
Community Group meeting (Evernym has a mgmt summit meeting this week), but
I'm going to try to make at least part of it.

In any case, +1 to your report on DIDs here. I think you did a terrific job
presenting and answering questions about them, and I too was quite
surprised at how reception the W3C members were—even some of the "old
guard". Tim Berners-Lee especially struck me as more open and interested
that I expected.

So there's a still a long road to go, but I'm optimistic, and more eager
than ever to push it forward quickly.

My only disappointment, as I told Kim and Christopher, was that we didn't
get more time at TPAC to actually talk about the DID spec open issues and
the hardening proposal. But we'll get back to that work now that TPAC is
over.

Kim and Christopher, I'm hoping we can get at least a few mins to talk
about next steps with the DID spec, and holding some dedicated "DID spec
closure calls", near the start of tomorrow's call (if I'm able to attend,
it will likely only be for the first 15-20 mins).

=Drummond