Re: Terminology poll (updated)

On 06/28/2017 06:08 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> But in the list in the playground, Subject is not an alternative for
>  Role-C. The nearest you have is Subject's Agent, and your original
> sentence still does not make sense when using that :-)

When I wrote the email, Subject was an option.

Then, yesterday, the VCWG rejected Subject as an option during the call
and the playground was updated as a result. Thus removing Subject as an
option.

So, yes, we could simplify the language now, but the poll has started
and so we shouldn't modify the language while the poll is operating.

Are we having fun yet? :)

>> I'm not making the change because of this reason
>
> So I do not think it is a valid reason for rejecting the change

It was a valid reason at the time, and then shortly after the VCWG
meeting it became an invalid reason. :)

We can word smith the language /after/ the poll is done before it goes
in the specification (or after).

In short - there is plenty of time to make the modification that you
suggested. We just shouldn't make it while the poll is running. I'll try
to remember the language modification when I update the spec next, and
if I fail to do so, I hope you will catch it and raise an issue.

blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/