Re: Terminology poll

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017, at 06:59 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
> Wouldnt this be solved by calling VCs verifiable credentials
> rather than> claims and removing the word claim from our vocabulary.

+ to "Issuers create credentials" which contain verifiable claims.

That feeds the downstream:
* claimants use claims by bundling them into entity profiles,
* then claimants claim the benefits of said claims by presenting entity
  profiles to inspectors/verifiers/relying-parties.
What is "verifiable" however is still the claim: issued by issuers,
verified by inspectors/verifiers/relying-parties.
So -1 for changing VCs to verifiable credentials.

-j

--
Joe Andrieu, PMP
joe@joeandrieu.com