Re: Poll words split Role B

On 25/06/2017 18:33, Steven Rowat wrote:
> On 2017-06-25 2:37 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
>> 6. If the presenter is not the subject then the inspector needs to
>> verify that the presenter is authorised to present the claim. This can
>> be done in a variety of ways e.g. a pre-established trust relationship
>> between the inspector and presenter; a VC delegating authority from the
>> subject to the presenter; a recognised procedure for certain classes of
>> subject and presenter; etc.
>
> Am I right that:
>
> a) this is where the 'split' in Role B (in the poll) resides;
> (Presenter/subject or Claimant/Subject, etc.) ?

I think that presenter and claimant are two different roles. The
presenter is not trying to claim anything, but is merely providing
information to the inspector. An example could be a police officer
presenting a parking ticket (issued to some subject) to an inspector,
perhaps for the inspector to subsequently use when the subject contacts it.

I am not sure that we ought to cover the 'presenter' types of use cases
in the VC work, but rather should concentrate on the use cases where the
user is a claimant for a service from the inspector, and may or may not
be the subject of the VC.

Presenter use cases can be dealt with by inspectors in proprietary ways.
I dont think there is any need for standardisation in these cases.

> b) pseudo-anonymity would likely reside in: "a recognised procedure for
> certain classes of subject and presenter" ?
>
> With reference to a), the split roles in B, it seems that if, for
> example, the poll were to choose "Subject" as the word for Role B, then
> "Presenter" or "Claimant" could be added underneath in the code. But if
> "Claimant" or "Presenter" is chosen for role B, then it seems more
> problematic, or at least quite different.
>
> All those words are still available in the playground listing today,
> Sunday:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NWdpFxbERXZodvbJP_GgGZhkGI54zWmqTuFz-CR2hps/edit
>

> Specifically, I mean that people are adding words as options for Role B
> that are actually both sides of the split. Shouldn't we just be choosing
> one side of the split, and know which side that is, in order to get the
> label for that side of the split correct?

I agree. I think the presenter side should be out of scope.

regards

David