Re: "Identity" - is a modal notion and the matrix

All of what I wrote below is a short summary of a long philosophical
discussion that has evolved over 3 millennia, with huge breakthroughs
in clarity having been made in the last half century. There is actually
I think quite a lot of consensus on this topic.

But the above even though fascinating is probably not what most people
on the planet (the 7 billion mentioned by Steven) think about when they
mention the identity problem. Most people who speak about rabbit holes
related to this topic, ones that feel explosive, they are much more referring
to what Lana Wachowski, famous for having directed The Matrix among others
discusses in this rare appearance at Human Rights Campaign in 2012 related
to identity and privacy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crHHycz7T_c <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crHHycz7T_c>

That most people are not aware of the detailed philosophical logical arguments
does not make the  points of view  they hold right of course, nor does it mean
that the philosophical logical history relating to the topic has no bearing
on that either. I think it actually has a lot to do with it.

And I can leave it as an exercise for the moment for folks here
to think of how the two are related.

Henry