Re: Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) Specification 1.0

From: Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 10:46:05 -0700
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 2017-07-09 12:42 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Editors of the DID specification have converted it to W3C ReSpec
> format. This is in preparation for the group to consider the inclusion
> of this item as a CG deliverable. The DRAFT specification can be found here:
>
> https://opencreds.github.io/did-spec/

!!

I particularly appreciated the well explained rationales for DID
relative to URI/L/N in the first sections, e.g. Secs 1.2/1.3.

Also separation between proof of Guardian, owner and control, e.g.
Secs 6.3, 6.4, 6.5.

Overall an amazing amount of complex work that seems to work together
well.

Congratulations on getting it out there.

Steven