W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-credentials@w3.org > July 2017

[AGENDA] W3C Credentials Community Call - 11 July 2017 12pm ET

From: Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 20:26:30 +0000
Message-ID: <CAB=TY85ZrqDtFrCqs7o2jHOggQUBAfoCmUzT=BO183CAkxUx=g@mail.gmail.com>
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
*TL;DR — Work item poll results are in. We'll discuss this week*

*NEXT MEETING*:

Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
Time: 12pm Boston, 9am Pacific, 16:00 GMT
Text Chat: http://tinyurl.com/w3c-vctf
           irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#vctf
Voice: sip:vctf@96.89.14.196
       tel:+1-540-961-4469;ext=6306 <(540)%20961-4469> (extension 6306)
Duration: 60 minutes
Scribes: RichardV, NathanG, MatthewL, NateO, Drummond, DanB, JonnyCrunch,
AdamM, AdamL, JoeA, GreggK, KimHD, HarlanW, MattS, ChristopherA, Manu,
Longley

This is a joint meeting of the Credentials and Digital Verification
Community Groups. It is held immediately after the Verifiable Claims WG
call. Anyone may participate in these community group calls — you do not
need to be a W3C member.

Minutes from last call: *https://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-06-27/
<https://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-06-27/>*

*PROPOSED AGENDA*:

   1. Agenda review (3 minutes)
   2. Introductions & Re-Introduction (4 minutes)
      - Re-Introduction is a new regular agenda item, where each week we
      ask a longer-term member to re-introduce themselves to more
recent members.
   3. Status of current action items (5 minutes)
      - ALL: Poll for priorities on work items - [DONE; DISCUSSING THIS
      MEETING] https://goo.gl/e12TNY
      - ALL: Naming options [IN-PROGRESS; DISCUSSING THIs MEETING]
      https://goo.gl/6jpvoy
      - ALL: Approve New Name and Mission Statement - [DUE JULY]
      - ChristopherA: First draft of CG Mission Statement for review - [ON
      HOLD Re: APPROVE NAME & MISSION https://goo.gl/sNs2vl
      - ChristopherA: Create a new proposal for how Digital Verification CG
      integrates - ON HOLD re: APPROVE NAME & MISSION
   4. Announcements  (3 minutes)
      - Remote Hackathon to prototype DID:BTCR method will be in progress
      starting July 10th, contact Christopher or Kim if you’d like to
participate
   5. CG name category discussion (10 minutes)
      - Current options: "Credentials Community Group" or something
      involving "Self-Sovereign Identity"
      - If keeping the same name, update mission to include self sovereign
      identity. Question: Make explicit that the scope is not limited to
      decentralized approaches?
      - Any other categories not reflected above?
      - Poll to follow
   6. Work item poll results (10 minutes)
      - Top items:
         - Decentralized Identifiers
         - Lifecycle of a Verifiable Claims
         - Data Minimization and Selective Disclosure Report
         - Verifiable Claims Browser API and Browser Polyfill
         - Verifiable Claims and Attribute Exchange Protocols
         - Privacy & Security Requirements for Credentials Ecosystem
      - Overview of next steps: identify champions, members (need at least
      2 people per work item), goals and timeline
   7. Champions introduction and current thoughts on goals and timeline (20
   minutes)
   8. Action items and suggestions for next week agenda  (5 minutes)


— Christopher Allen & Kim Hamilton, co-chairs
-- 
Kim Hamilton Duffy
Principal Engineer | Learning Machine + MIT Media Lab
Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group
400 Main Street Building E19-732, Cambridge, MA 02139
12001 N. Central Expy, Suite 1025, Dallas, TX 75243

kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
425-652-0150 | LearningMachine.com
Received on Friday, 7 July 2017 20:27:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:24:44 UTC