Re: DID Hardening: Keys

From: David E. Ammouial <da@weeno.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:50:09 -0500
To: public-credentials@w3.org
>   cryptographicPurpose: "Signing"

What about using the JSON Web Key (JWK, RFC7517) format for the
cryptographic keys? It has a `key_ops` parameter that could bring the
semantic we're looking for and is already standard.

I realise I'm actually making two different points here:
- requiring that the key be specified in RFC7517 format rather than
permitting N different formats -- freedom of choice is great but it also
brings confusion for readers and writers
- specifically, using the `key_ops` parameter for the key's purpose

--
David