Re: Request to adopt new work item: DID Method for Veres One Ledger

Thanks Manu.

>> We expect that this specification will also be used to raise discussion points
on the core DID specification.

Definitely; the Veres One DID method will be useful to factor in as we move
forward on the DID spec. Let's discuss during the DID section of the
meeting on Tuesday.

Thanks,
Kim

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 12:06 PM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> This is a request to the Credentials Community Group Chairs to call for
> a decision by consensus to adopt the Veres One Ledger DID Method
> specification as a work item.
>
> Our goal with this specification is to demonstrate interoperability for
> the DID specification, specifically the DID Method part of the
> specification, that the group has already adopted.
>
> We expect that this specification will also be used to raise discussion
> points on the core DID specification.
>
> Details on a very rough draft of the specification can be found here:
>
> https://w3c-ccg.github.io/didm-veres-one/

> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built
> http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/
>
> --
Kim Hamilton Duffy
Principal Engineer | Learning Machine + MIT Media Lab
Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group
400 Main Street Building E19-732, Cambridge, MA 02139
12001 N. Central Expy, Suite 1025, Dallas, TX 75243

kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
425-652-0150 | LearningMachine.com