Re: BTCR DID writeup

Thanks Melvin. Regarding the provisional bitcoin uri, I'll create an issue.
Several items related to that were in flux. E.g. we only fixed the
ecdsa-koblitz-pubkey prefix during that hackathon (previously was used with
bitcoin addresses, i.e base58-encoded hashes of public keys). For the
control keys (where we want bitcoin addresses), this may be useful.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13 August 2017 at 06:33, Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> This is my first attempt to write up the mechanics of BTCR DIDs. If you
>> are interested and have time, I'd like feedback.
>>

>> https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rebooting-the-web-of-trust-fall2017/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/btcr-dids-ddos.md
>>

> Very cool to try and attempt this in JSON-LD!
>
> I have done something similar in the past, it can be quite tricky to model
> the data types and literals, and the devil can sometimes be in the details.
>
> First main feedback I would give is.  Were you aware that there is already
> a provisional bitcoin uri [1] registered with IANA?
>
> Would it perhaps be useful to reuse such a uri scheme, rather than, create
> a new term?
>
> [1] https://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/uri-schemes.xhtml
>

>> Thanks,
>> Kim
>> --
>> Kim Hamilton Duffy
>> Principal Engineer | Learning Machine + MIT Media Lab
>> Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group
>> 400 Main Street Building E19-732, Cambridge, MA 02139
>> 12001 N. Central Expy, Suite 1025, Dallas, TX 75243
>>
>> kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
>> 425-652-0150 <%28425%29%20652-0150> | LearningMachine.com
>>
> --
Kim Hamilton Duffy
Principal Engineer | Learning Machine + MIT Media Lab
Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group
400 Main Street Building E19-732, Cambridge, MA 02139
12001 N. Central Expy, Suite 1025, Dallas, TX 75243

kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
425-652-0150 | LearningMachine.com