Re: Verifiable Claims Charter Proposal prepped for W3M

On 10/10/2016 08:25 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> See wording: http://mydata2016.org

>From the site:

> MyData is a human centered approach in personal data management that
>  combines industry need to data with digital human rights.

> Personal data has increasingly significant social, economic, and
> practical value. The EU’s recent General Data Protection Regulation
> changes the landscape in which organizations operate. Organizations
> around the globe are busy exploring the opportunities of human­
> centric personal data. Whole industries such as energy, health &
> well­being, or finance, are already being disrupted by this trend.

There are some pretty big names involved in the conference, and the
"human centric" terminology is used pretty heavily throughout. Maybe we
were too early in trying it and setting it aside. We should watch the
outcome of the conference and see if it there is now a strong up-tick in
usage. What we're working on certainly can be used for human-centric
initiatives... it's just that it's not only for humans.

I'm sure this'll come up at our upcoming face to face. Doc Searls is one
of the speakers at MyData 2016 and he'll be at IIW, so we'll have to
pick his brain on the terminology.

blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/