Re: Expiry time in Data Model

I like the idea of allowing an expiration date on the webcredential (though
it should be optional--default should be no expiration in my view). This is
independent of the expiration of the claim.

On the expiration of a claim, this may be out of scope for this discussion,
because we don't want to reach too deeply into specifying what claims can
contain, though it's good to point out that if it's the claim that expires,
expiration should be a property of the claim.

Revocation would probably make more sense to live outside the claim, as a
capability of the webcredential (though that's open for discussion). If so,
I second Matt Stone's suggestion that the ability to check with the issuer
whether a claim has been revoked is important for some claims. Some issuers
will choose to build systems without taking advantage of revocation though.
This ability to understand current validity status should be at the
fingertips of every consumer for claims that use it though. Stone, don't
necessarily agree with you on the point that consumers will always need to
know current validity status - sometimes it's enough to know it once was
valid. Credential historians etc!