Re: Payments activity - any point to our time and effort?

On March 4, 2016 11:14:23 am PST, "Henry Story"
<henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> How much does one actually need the browser vendors for this?
> Can one not get a lot of this working with JS, sending credentials
> signed by some entity?
> At least to start off with?

+1

I am of the opinion that anything specified must be implementable in a
lightweight fashion in pure JS and thus has the opportunity to make it
to many places.

I am also of the opinion that anything specified must not treat
browsers in any special way and thus view them as only one vehicle of
implementation/distribution.

What is to be specified must have a much broader view than browsers to
truly capture what is needed.

You can chase channels to try and ram your solutions through or you can
show the way by working on something that truly works and solves the
problems and let it naturally proliferate. The latter may take longer
but seems to capture much better what at least I am trying to achieve.

Christoph