Re: Use-Cases - pseudo-anonymity examples

On 3/1/16 8:00 PM, Shane McCarron wrote:
> I don't disagree.  The financial one was of primary importance in
> our first draft.  Maybe you can craft a couple of other scenarios?

I'll take a stab.

Journalist:
Ahmed is a full-time journalist in North Africa who wishes to publish
video material of interviews with torture victims. His media employers
refuse to publish the material themselves because of government
threats. However they are willing to certify his credentials. He will
therefore publish the material himself using a pseudonym, and the end
viewer will know that the material was provided by a certified
professional journalist who cannot be identified for safety reasons.

Scientist:
Rachel is a biochemist working for a large chemical corporation. She
has access to files dating back to the 1970s that show that the
corporation suppressed toxicity trial results. Rachel is has a PhD in
biochemistry, and is a member in good standing of the American
Chemical Society and other professional bodies. She would like to use
her verified credentials to give weight to her story, but would like
to keep her job. She would like pseudo-anonymity for when she is
making the information available to journalists, the public, or law
enforcement.

Steven