Re: Data model spec okay for review

On 06/18/2016 09:12 PM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> I'd like to note that if we were able to provide scope for other RDF
> Serialization Formats without undue negative impacts; we might
> reduce pain-points (whilst potentially introducing others).
>
> Think mandatory json-ld optional Turtle, etc. --> might be another
> way of doing it.

I'm concerned that if we bring up anything that doesn't at least look
like JSON that we're going to come under attack from those at W3C that
have a serious bone to pick w/ Linked Data.

> serialization seems a bit like religion at times.

Yes, which is why we're picking the most popular religions today -
WebIDL (browsers), JSON (just about everyone), JSON-LD (the Linked Data
crowd).

If we were to throw TURTLE in there, the response from the browser
companies will most likely come in the form of formal objections.

To be fair, no one has said that TURTLE is a priority for them wrt.
Verifiable Claims.

JSON-LD Best Practice: Context Caching
https://manu.sporny.org/2016/json-ld-context-caching/