Re: Feedback requested: VC Architecture Diagram

On 06/15/2016 06:09 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> One might conclude from this that you think that FIDO will not scale
> wrt adoption. Is this a fair conclusion?

No, I think FIDO will be just fine for same-origin use cases.

The vast majority of our use cases are multi-origin.

FIDO ensures that the entity that a website is speaking to is the same
entity that enrolled the security device at a previous point in time.

Verifiable Claims ensure that the entity that a website is speaking to
has a certain set of qualifications that have been vetted by a trusted
3rd party. It also ensures that those qualifications can be asserted
across multiple origins.

Different technologies for different use cases.

FIDO and Verifiable Claims are complimentary.

>> Someone that disagrees is welcome to build an alternate ecosystem
>> based
>>> In terms of the arrows, I prefer Dave Crocker's version
>>
>> Good to know, thank you. Why? (out of curiosity)
>
> I think it more clearly shows the direction of flow of information,
> without getting into protocol messages or handshakes.

Great, thanks. :)

blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/