Re: Architecture Stages, and options of Subject-Holder

On 6/14/16 5:44 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>Note that most everything (except for
> possibly the Identity Registry) can play multiple roles at the same
> time, there are 31 possible role combinations.
>
> Just keep that in mind while you're doing your diagram, Steven. Plotting
> those 31 combinations across time is very difficult. If you show one of
> those combinations (holder/subject), does that mean that you should show
> the others?

No, and thank you. I've just finished the first dotted box (for
"Holder is Subject"), and was already considering that there were
others that I wouldn't show.

Now I can definitely indicate that this is just a limited time-flow
example, and that there are many other combinations (like the first
dotted box), where an entity takes two or more roles. (I may even
include one example of taking three roles, if I get frisky. ;-)  )

And, just so you know: I'm aware that the audience for the the diagram
I'm making will be a less technical one than the one you're going for
for the current deadline, so it's unlikely to be appropriate for the
current VC Architecture document, I think.

But I feel it's important for me to do it because:
  a) I will end up really understanding the underlying architecture
myself (after getting feedback, possibly several times).
  b) The graphic may eventually end up useful when a less technical
audience needs to be introduced.
  c) It may help people on this list envision things they can
ask/argue about.
  d) I have a couple of days between projects and haven't done a
graphic in a long time, which I do enjoy doing. ;-)

Steven