Re: Re: Request for terminology input - consumer/inspector/TBD Credential

Few Thoughts...

IMHO - It's not about identity - it's about identifiers and more
specifically external claims. SO, if identity is made-up of personally
controlled stuff - like persona and the way you organise your
communications; in addition to external stuff, such as the secure documents
you use (birth certificates, passports, qualifications, etc.) and then you
add in time and the way that changes things; it's a bit like 'who you are'
and 'who others think you are', and their in the right to choice.

So, i'd say it's not about Identity - as Identity is not linear nor does it
pertain a singular encryption pyramid with external forcefully trusted
dependencies. This distinction serves to clarify the concept of ‘freedom of
thought’.

The purpose of these identifier solutions is to define the bedrock for
applications of credentialing technologies in a manner that is ‘human
centric’ as a primary design aspiration. In-turn these design qualities
relate to privacy, the rights of person and our ambitions to participate in
facilitating a role that forges a path to the best of our capacity, towards
a more advanced and sustainable future.

So therefore, with regard to the technological capability designed to
support the communication of a secure-document (credential) capability; and
the knowledge engineering principles applied to those secure document
capabilities for the express purpose of supporting machine readable
human-identifiers and related logic-support capabilities; I figure the
'agents' reviewing or requesting these things are in-effect a bit like the
customs passport control desk people - it's a checkpoint.

the checkpoint needs some particulars that have been issued to the
holder/owner that the claim is about.  It is their choice whether or not
the present the document at the checkpoint.

(i'm not suggesting their wouldn't be consequences if they refused to, but
rather, it's their choice to do so or not to do so...  the machine doesn't
really care or have real consequences put upon them...)

so, i think using language that reinforces the choices of humans to use the
thing or not to use it at any given point to be important in the language
we convey / make standard...

Tim.H.