Re: Verifiable Claims Working Group Proposal

On 6/6/16 7:01 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>  You can feel free to review these documents now for the July
> 1st Web Payments IG face-to-face meeting as they're more or less content
> complete. These documents are:
>
> The Verifiable Claims Working Group Draft Charter:
> http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/charter/

+1.
A period missing in the preamble to 3 Scope at the second iteration of
"but is not required for the Working Group to be successful "

> The Verifiable Claims Proposed Architecture (some minor changes expected):
> http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/architecture/

+.5

Two issues.

First, it seemed odd to have the "self-sovereign..." paragraph sitting
on its own as the first text. I believe it would be best to move it
into section 1 "Proposed Verifiable Claims Architecture Goals", either
before or after the list of four goals, and to segue it. For instance,
if put after, it could be introduced something like:
" These goals together have been called *self-sovereign*..." etc.

[Sections 2 and 3, good].

Then, in section 4, I was thrown by the copy-paste of the different
listed items in the first three, Issuers, Repositories, and
Inspectors, and by the wording in those three, which seemed overly
business-buzzword and mushy-vague.

In contrast, the Holders section caught my attention: snappy, direct,
easy to understand, well-worded.

Since, to my mind, the Holders are the main actors (if no Holders,
then no Claims, and nobody does anything), the obvious solution is to
put Holders first, so that list is read first. Then pare down the
other three so whatever advantage is unique to each one is put at the
top of its list, with the repeated ones being put at the end. And, in
my opinion, the repeated ones shouldn't be repeated verbatim, I
repeat. :-)

Steven