Re: Problem statement

On 8/2/16 9:24 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> Oops. Typo in previous message fixed
>
> How about changing the first sentence of the problem statement
>
> There is currently no widely used self-sovereign and privacy-enhancing
> standard for expressing and transacting verifiable claims (aka:
> credentials, attestations) via the Web.

> There is currently no application independent self-sovereign and
> privacy-enhancing standard for expressing and transacting verifiable
> claims (aka: credentials, attestations) via the Web.

Agreed on the meaning change, but even adding a hyphen into
application-independent (which IMO is necessary to be consistent and
grammatically correct) you've created a brain twister with six
sub-parts (three compounds x 2) modifying 'standard'. I find it hard
to read and understand, even the second or third time.

How about recasting to give some space between the ideas, maybe:

There is currently no application-independent standard for expressing
and transacting self-sovereign and privacy-enhancing verifiable claims
(aka: credentials, attestations) via the Web.

Or:
There is currently no self-sovereign and privacy-enhancing standard
for expressing and transacting application-independent verifiable
claims (aka: credentials, attestations) via the Web.

Steven