Re: Solutions to the NASCAR problem?

On 2015-11-23 17:47, David Chadwick wrote:

<snip>
>> Agreed.  I was actually referring to "my model" where key metadata plays a
>> major role.  A scaled-down version of this can be found in this one-page
>> doc:
>> http://webpki.org/papers/decentralized-payments.pdf
>> The certificate could surely be replaced by an account-ID, but I'm
>> old-school you know :-)
>>

> Your model is similar to mine, but is dealing with a step after mine has
> completed.

To me they look pretty different.  There's no "before-step" in my model.

When you have received your virtual credit-card, you can start shopping
wherever you want.

> Mine deals with presenting a credentail/assertion, then
> stops. FIDO already has a process for OKing a transaction.
> Comparing our models, your wallet is my authz module, your cert is
> replaced by a FIDO key pair, so no identity is associated with the
> public key.

I still don't understand how your (per/site) credential bootstrap
process works from a users perspective.

> The web site sends its authz policy to the wallet/authz module and it
> compares this to the credentials held by the user. It either presents
> matching ones for the user to choose between (more than one match) or
> consent to (exactly one match) or say Sorry you cannot proceed
> (insufficient credentials).

I think I have got that.

Regards,
Anders