Re: Solutions to the NASCAR problem?

On 11/23/15 3:01 AM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
>  I prefer to think of resources needing
> authentication,
> [snip]
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebAccessControl

Interesting -- would you consider that control via authentication of
the resource is a meta-related form of Content Centric Networking
(CCN) [1] or Named Data Networking [2] ?

I looked through the WebAccesControl Implementation and Related links,
and saw no mention of the relationship, but just in case you haven't
come across this I'll provide a bit of background (that seems
unlikely, but anway...)

Some published rationales (ie, by Van Jacobson, who is now working at
PARC) [5,6] made the assertion that the problems of ineffective web
publishing and money transfer and security and scalability would
remain essentially insoluble until a CCN or NDN system is implemented
throughout the Internet.

I've been watching with interest the work of PARC on this [5], and
they recently released a "CCN lite" [6] of CCNx, which a group of
programmers have been working on for several years, and apparently
across both CCN and NDN there's a large academic support system and
some government support money involved.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_centric_networking
[2]http://named-data.net/
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jacobson