Re: [public-credentials] <none>

I'm very disappointed by the ambitions suggested by this article.

I'm currently preparing proposals for an interest group with the internet
society (au), an auIGF session, and on-going workshops between between now
and the 2015 IGF (all of which is still being defined ATM); I am very
worried about the possibilities of something being implemented quickly
(noting vendor interactions / existing products), that may not serve the
best interests of citizens.

I would very much appreciate some discourse within this group of Subject
Matter Experts.  Given assistance, i should be able to follow-up, and at a
minimum, allay my concerns, which extend far beyond the *relatively*
*simple* issues of privacy specifically.

Some of the solutions orientated thinking includes;

The introduction of Web Science curricula being important;

discourse around data-rights,

improving communication of 'what is linked-data', and an array of other
concepts that support knowledge economy.  Oftentimes the term 'metadata' is
used; albeit, moreso in relation to 'mandatory data retention'[1] [2]

Means to communicate these very complex issues to laypeople. ie: building
UI examples, etc. EXAMPLE: make a mock-up ledger, outlining the costs from
all forms of tax upon citizens, and present it as a % of total income /
expenditure.  Use info-graphics to show cost of life, as defined by
payments to gov.

Perhaps also, show citizens rights in terms of data-accessibility, reuse,
etc.

could create means to show how to scrap all other forms of ID, using one
centralised credential.  That way, a ledger could include info about other
taxes... Perhaps associate to devices linked via [1][2].

Thinking on a higher-level again, it could certainly provide interesting
information about the function of a fiat economy...  Perhaps info-graphics
could show black-spots, where the data is 'missing'.

Whilst these are farcical concepts, I have concerns.  I can appreciate that
my responses may put forward views in form of  </rant>; overall, it does
worry me.

As noted; i would appreciate the views of others on the topic.

Do you believe the proposed structure is a SECURE and SAFE approach?

What Accountability Systems do you believe should be in-place, and how to
these accountability requirements extend as these services become more
highly integrated across the multi-functional use-cases, of every-arm of
government...?

Tim.H.

[1]
https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/privacy/mandatory-data-retention-efa--2/sign-the-petition