From: Larry Masinter <masinter@gmail.com> On Behalf Of Larry Masinter
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 2:13 PM
To: 'Joseph Potvin' <jpotvin@opman.ca>; public-covid-19@w3.org
Subject: RE: Ongoing Experiments & Results

I didn’t reply to your suggestion about restricting our scope to immediately usable open standards-implementing environments, preferably free/libre licensed.

I just see so many groups choosing non standards-based solutions because of platform compatibility, bandwidth limitations causing them to choose proprietary codecs or other technologies that the result (if it omitted any solution without there already being an open standard implementation) wouldn’t be generally useful.