RE: CoVid-19 Remote Meet, Work, Class Community Group Launched

The group has  (archived) email list, public-covid-19@w3.org <mailto:public-covid-19@w3.org>  now cc’d.

(It has another mailing lists, and W3C offers other services, including

a wordpress blog, use of W3C WebEx, a github repo, etc.

We need to choose a chair or co-chairs and draft a charter.

Choosing a chair: https://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/#choose-chair

I think W3C is sensitive about calling it a -wg instead of a -cg (community group)

I like saying go-remote instead of “meet, work, class” since I’ve been doing

a little research on remote exercise classes / physical therapy and telemedicine.

I’m on west coast time.

I’ll add my thoughts about the charter to

https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/covid-19-go-remote-wg

    The initial focus of the group should be to produce reports that will be useful in a matter of weeks, not months

      Many organizations have produced "best practices" documents and others that might be helpful to share.