Quick-fix support for XML Community Group Launched

From: <public-council@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:42:44 +0000
To: "George Bina" <george@oxygenxml.com>,"Mohamed ZERGAOUI" <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com>,"Alain Couthures" <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>,"Tobias Fischer" <mail@tobias-fischer.info>,"Manuel Montero Pineda" <montero@data2type.de>,"Nico Kutscherauer" <kutscherauer@data2type.de>,Cc: public-council@w3.org
With your support, the Quick-fix support for XML Community Group has been launched:
  http://www.w3.org/community/quickfix/

To join:
 http://www.w3.org/community/quickfix/join

This group was originally proposed on 2014-02-20
by George Bina. The following people supported its
creation:
      George Bina
      Mohamed ZERGAOUI
      Alain Couthures
      Tobias Fischer
      Manuel Montero Pineda
      Nico Kutscherauer

--------------------
Sometimes an error reported against an XML document can be fixed
automatically, for example if the error refers to an unexpected
attribute then an automatic fix will be to delete that unexpected
attribute.
We want to explore the issues related to applying quick fixes (like
preserving DOCTYPE declarations, entities, etc.) and determine what
actions will be needed be able to apply quick fixes on a document as
well as a representation language to describe these actions.

Quick fixes are especially interesting when we use Schematron for XML
validation, as in this case the quick-fix should be specified by the
schema author, so we have user-defined quick fixes. Imagine for example
a business rule implemented in Schematron that says that a list should
contain between 4 and 8 items. If we determine that there are two items
then a quick fix will propose to add automatically two more items to the
list or if the list has 10 items then a quick fix may propose to delete
two items or to split the list in two lists, etc.

Thank you,

W3C Community Development Team