Re: Missing op agreement warning

On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 21:19:46 +0100, Wayne Carr
<wayne.carr@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> I'd prefer:
>
>     !WARNING! - This Community Group has not adopted a Charter. W3C
>     recommends that CGs create a Charter that defines the group's scope,
>     deliverables, schedule, and the decision making process. Without a
>     Charter, participants may not understand the rules under which the
>     Chair is operating the CG.
>

> I think "Operational Agreement" should be replaced with "Charter" in the
> cg/bg process.  I think the term "Operational Agreement" is causing
> confusion.  Everyone knows what a group Charter is.  An operational
> agreement sounds more contractual, like it could require you have to
> sign some other contract to participate.

A quick note to say that using "charter" would nicely dovetail with my own
action item to come up with a template charter for Community Groups.

Coralie

[...]
--
   Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
      W3C/ERCIM - B219 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR