Re: Suggestion re: Joining process

On 9 Sep 2011, at 9:48 AM, Thomas Baker wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 12:55:36PM +0000, public-council@w3.org wrote:
>> With your support, W3C has launched the VIVO Open Research Networking Community Group and invites
>> you to join the group.
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/community/vivo/join
>
> Some suggestions...
>
> Currently, it is possible to join a group only by clicking on a mailto: link.

Hi Tom,

Not exactly. The mailto URI is only for people whose accounts lack information we need. Once we have the information, people submit a form.

Meanwhile, we are overhauling the account management system so that people will update their accounts themselves (via a form). I  do not think we'll have that in place before a couple of months, however.

Ian