Re: Join public-council@w3.org list

Dear all,

> 2) Please send me the exact name of your community group as you'd like
> it to be called at launch, as well as a short (ideally 1-2 paragraph)
> scoping statement and description for our web-pages.

Long: Declarative 3D for the Web Architecture Community Group Charter
Short: Declarative3D

Scoping:
The mission of the Declarative 3D for the Web Architecture Community
Group is to determine the requirements, options, and use cases for an
integration of interactive 3D graphics capabilities into the W3C
technology stack. This group is aimed to extract core features out of
the requirements as foundation to propose feasible technical solutions.
These should cover the majority of 3D use cases for the Web – but not
necessarily all of them.

There are upcoming open (e.g. WebGL) and proprietary (e.g. Adobe)
proposals for imperative graphics APIs in the Web context but we are
missing an easy way to add interactive high-level declarative 3D objects
to the HTML-DOM to allow anyone to easily create, share, and experience
interactive 3D graphics – with possibly wide ranging effects similar to
those caused by the broad availability of video on the Web.
The goal of this CG is to evaluate the necessary requirements for a
successful standardization of a declarative approach to interactive 3D
graphics as part of HTML documents.

See also:
http://www.dfki.de/~sons/charter/

Best regards,
   Kristian

> cheers,
> harry
>

> On 06/15/2011 12:59 AM, Harry Halpin wrote:
>> Everyone
>>
>> Our telecon is happening 12:00-13:00 PM EST (16:00-1700Z) on the
>> following W3C telecon bridge:
>>
>> Dial: +1.617.761.6200
>> Then type in 26631 (CONF1)
>>
>> Please join in IRC, by joining channel #community in irc.w3.org:6665.
>> Note that you can use a web-client like mibbit [1] for IRC chat if you
>> do not have IRC software installed.
>>
>> See you soon!
>>
>> harry
>>
>> P.S.: It's 12:00 PM today, not 12:00 AM. Quick typing in the last
>> message :(
>>
>> [1] http://www.mibbit.com/
>>
>> On 06/14/2011 08:17 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
>>> Everyone,
>>>
>>> Looking at the Doodle poll [1], we'll be having our first community
>>> group meeting at 12:00 PM ET. We'll show you the mock-ups of our
>>> current new site deployment and provide a quick guided tour, as well
>>> as be answer questions.
>>>
>>> Meet in IRC at #community at irc.w3.org:6665. Telecon information for
>>> using the W3C Zakim Telecon bridge will be sent out first thing in
>>> the morning tomorrow. Apologies, people filled out the poll at the
>>> last minute, so we have to scramble a bit :)
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> harry
>>>
>>> [1] http://doodle.com/3vqd3z2xa5r5uvwz

Kristian Sons
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, DFKI
Agenten und Simulierte Realität
Campus, Geb. D 3 2, Raum 0.77
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany

Phone: +49 681 85775-3833
Phone: +49 681 302-3833
Fax:   +49 681 85775–2235
kristian.sons@dfki.de
http://www.xml3d.org

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313