Re: Next Steps for W3C Coremob

It's great that you use the term AWESOME WEB!  That's the label we used
for a concept we launched last year that focuses on the new generation
of the web platform.

http://theawesomeweb.com

This has become the basis of the work we've been developing in the
Augmented Web CG too.

http://www.w3.org/community/ar/
http://www.w3.org/community/ar/demos-and-projects/

I think the points Rob makes below are really important.  At the heart
of these is deep linking which makes social sharing, bookmarking and
search engine discovery possible and provides one tap/click access.
This is the native applications achilles' heel.

And now when we combine this with the post HTML5 features discussed
above there's a good case that the web is not "just as good as native".
  The web platform is clearly jumping ahead in leaps and bounds.

Rob
Co-founder
http://mob-labs.com
We make complex things easy!

CEO & co-founder
https://buildAR.com
Overlay your content on the real world!

Chair of the W3C Augmented Web Community Group
http://www.w3.org/community/ar

Member of the ISO Augmented Reality Continuum
Reference Model Working Group (SC24/WG9)

Invited Expert with the ISO, Khronos Group & the W3C
Co-founder of ARStandards.org