Re: Shall we shelve Level Zero?

On May 3, 2012, at 10:50 , <jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com> <jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com> wrote:
> It's simply two different ways of thinking. I like to think that it is
> good practice to have a clear overview of the current state of the
> mobile web platform. Once this has been achieved and agreed, we can
> then proceed by iteration to build the next levels.

The question is: who would that be useful to? It represents substantial work, and it has surfaced that there is substantial dissent on the topic's phrasing. It's not clear to me that it would be useful to either developers or implementers. If it's only useful inside the confines of this group, then I'm not convinced it's an undertaking worth the time.

In working on One, we can see how often we disagree about what's assumed to be in Zero. If there are too many disagreements we can revisit (hence "shelving" and not "dropping"), but if there aren't we'll have gained time.