Re: Against touch events...

Hi Charles,

Because Level 0 paints a picture of the mainstream mobile web today, it's
probably a good idea to include touch events.

The glaring omission here is *mouse events*.  In regards to a long-tail app
(new phrase to me; kudos), unconventional UAs on hardware without a mouse
have long-included a "virtual" cursor and keyboard to be compatible.
 Therefore, applications that support mice are safe, and we need to make
sure that new implementors don't omit these events – however unlikely that
is.

As an aside, the Web is famously terrible at interacting with hardware.
 Just as camera/microphone and gamepad support should, by all rights, have
been commonplace in UAs since 2006, the modern Web will probably still be
scrambling to support eye-twitch events for wearable displays for years
after they go widespread.

The rule of thumb on hardware APIs should be "take everything you can get."

Cheers,
-Brian