Re: Rough first draft of Level 0

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:57:33 +0200, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> please find the (very) rough draft of "Core Mobile Web Platform — Level
> 0" at the following URL:
>
>     http://coremob.github.com/level-0/
> As you can see there are a bunch of issues. You are invited to voice
> your opinion on those here (and, of course, on any other feedback you
> may have). Please read the "Philosophy" section before commenting on any
> of the rest, it's not meant to be fluff.

It shouldn't be. But it is mostly too high-level to be a useful way of
understanding what was chosen. There should be some more operational
information like "this is for making Angry Birds work" or "these things
were agreed upon by the group" or "this is the one without the gannet" or
whatever process was used, as well as the high-falutin' principles by
which we are all guided...

Specifically "the intersection of what is available in the most popular
mobile platforms" is at best somewhat misleading as it relates to what
seems to have actually happened. If you chose "Safari and Android" as it
seems you did, it should say so. I've written elsewhere why I think that
is a bad choice, but the most important idea is that the document
accurately reflect whatever it purports to present.

> I haven't had time to update the references DB with all the missing
> references as well as to update the out of date links that it has.
>
> If you feel like getting your hands dirty

For the moment I'll keep my hands clean ;)

Oh, no I won't, but I'd rather comment in this thread for the editors to
follow up on outcomes of discussions - or is your preferred mode to fight
with forks?

cheers

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan noen norsk