Re: Market Idea

On 7 Feb 2012, at 14:03, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 7 February 2012 14:57, Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would we really need a (centralized) market, or could we just broadcast wishes and offers through a P2P network?
>
> Can do both, and have network hubs ... need to work using the "Open World Assumption"

Yes, agree, we need a eco-system that can deal with both the pure distributed peer-to-peer model and the centralised monolithic model and all the hybrids in-between. I wrote a small piece related to network search but I feel the concepts stills holds true for marketplaces:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/wiki/wiki.pl?Kendra_Base_Network_Architecture

Cheers Daniel