Re: Market Idea

On 7 February 2012 18:49, Fabio Barone <holon.earth@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> generally like the idea very much.
>
> However, food for thought:
> We have seen many offers/wishes kind of sites:
> in innumerable time banks, local and barter networks,
> the flowplace, etc.
>
> They tend to become static and not used...
>
> Why should this be different with this proposed approach?
> And how would people find other's needs/wishes in a P2P network?

One single market is really hard to get traction with, but you can
start out with a proof of concept.

What you need is to use global namespaces (URIs) and to federate the
different sites together.

A global system can scale to federate with several local systems, but
it's very hard to scale a local system to become global.

The nice thing about the web is that you can have different people
specializing in different things.  e.g. some people make blogs,
technorati makes a blog search, some people make web pages, google
allows search etc.