Re: 'getting ball rolling' here =)

On 7 February 2012 14:55, Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pavlik,
>
> This sounds great...
> Working on new economic models seems to be a hot topic right now, I'm sure
> quite a lot of projects are already working on such things.
> I know you have many thoughts about this, and your Polyeconomy page is very
> inspiring!
> Even the World Economic Forum has called their meeting "Shaping New Models"
> this year.
> This also seems relevant:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_peer-to-peer_processes#P2P_economic_system
>
> I have also recently come across a (serverless) mobile app called
> ShareShelf, which gives you an "inventory", and you can track who you give
> things to, and who you get things from:
> http://tangledwebcommunications.com/products/shareshelf/

We're currently working with these guys and the unhosted project to
make something similar at scale

http://verese.net/

Web credits is serverless as it is a data specification.  Same with
good relations.

Why start with the data layer?  When building a traditional MVC app
you normally start with the data modeling.  For a distributed data
model it's all the more important to start at the data layer and get
it stable so that you can build userful apps on top.

Retroshare is a good secure social serverless communications tool.
I'm hoping to add an economic plugin there.

> Yes I have been working on VRM-related things, but haven't really built a
> wishlist or anything like that.
> VRM is basically about emancipating the customer in the traditional
> customer/vendor relationship.
> Control over your data is one aspect of that, i.e. you manage your relations
> to your vendors, rather than them managing their relations to you.
> Another aspect of VRM is personal Requests-For-Proposal (pRFP), which I
> think is exactly what you call "wishes":
> http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/projectvrm/Personal_RFP
>
> In fact, on the VRM list we have discussed using GoodRelations to express
> these wishes several times, e.g. here's an older thread.
> https://cyber.law.harvard.edu/lists/arc/projectvrm/2010-11/msg00009.html

GR has moved on a lot since 2010 it's really the industry standard for
commerce now and has seen huge adoption.  I know some of the team
personally and I'm sure they'd help this community group if needed.

> Anyway, I'd love to collaborate with this effort, maybe we can put together
> a demo or something.
> Maybe with a set of FreedomBox'es that talk to each other and discover each
> other's wishes and offers :)

Definitely in scope.  I was just setting James Vasile up on Retroshare
yesterday, he's the lead on freedombox.  Once we get a few boxes
running there's lots of scope for discovery and data exchange ...