Re: modeling shares of benefits (ex. electricity in a grid, trips on common transit etc.)

Excerpts from Melvin Carvalho's message of 2012-08-29 12:41:56 +0000:
> On 29 August 2012 14:32, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Long time silence in our group but lets try to bring some life here again
> > :D
> > I plan on participating in http://okfestival.org (Open Knowledge
> > Festival) and discuss with people over there among others topic which I
> > refer to as polyeconomy, and see directly related to what I would like to
> > work on with you in this group.
> >
> > Very short comment on what I refer to as 'shared benefit' systems you can
> > find here:
> > http://polyeconomy.info/systems/#shared-benefit
> >
> > I've just spoken with Melvin about using http://webcredits.org which he
> > works on for that purpose. But maybe I shouldn't start with implementation
> > details?...
> >
> > Nowadays many people who contribute to providing electricity in grids and
> > running common transit, choose to accept money for it and leave granting
> > access to those resources to someone else. I would like to help developing
> > technology which can empower people to decide who they would like to grant
> > access to resources they have contributed to make available.
> >
> > In our example cases, people who make contributions to providing
> > electricity in to certain grid, could hold certain shares of it and
> > distribute them to whoever they want however their like. Similar with
> > common transit access, contributors could have their pools to share with
> > others.
> >
> > I believe it can give people more personal freedom, distribute decision on
> > granting access among all contributors, crate stronger community bounds
> > among people and greater diversity in ways of gaining access to resources
> > (nowadays IMO very sadly dominated by commerce)
> >
> > In web credits I see mention of IOU "i owe you" but in this case I would
> > look at it more as "access granting tokens" or "shares of collectively
> > owned resources"
> >
> > Looking at:
> > http://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/wiki/Web_Credits#JSON_Messaging_Format
> > i would look in direction:
> >
> > {
> > "source": "https://greenpower.coop",
> > "signatures": [],
> > "destination": "https://conciouscontributor.name",
> > "resource": {
> > "type": "http://dbpedia.org/page/Electricity",
> > "grid": "http://www.geni.org",
> > "amount": "100",
> > "unit": "http://dbpedia.org/page/Kilowatt_hour",
> > },
> > }
> >
> > or
> >
> > {
> > "source": "https://bvg.de",
> > "signatures": [],
> > "destination": "https://conciouscontributor.name",
> > "resource": {
> > "type": "http://dbpedia.org/page/Public_transport",
> > "agency": "https://bvg.de",
> > "amount": "20",
> > "unit": "http://fake.me/Daily_pass"
> [...]
i thought about putting minimum of details representing a share into such token itself that they could get signed and stand as validated claim of access to certain resource, somehow keeping it out of a token seams to me like a bigger challenge with validating them...

i remember on irc you've mentioned something about centralized service, myself i wouldn't like to use anything centralized other than services like dbpedia.org just for pool of common URIs, all claims + verification i would like to go more into web of trust direction