Re: modeling shares of benefits (ex. electricity in a grid, trips on common transit etc.)

On 29 August 2012 14:32, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Long time silence in our group but lets try to bring some life here again
> :D
> I plan on participating in http://okfestival.org (Open Knowledge
> Festival) and discuss with people over there among others topic which I
> refer to as polyeconomy, and see directly related to what I would like to
> work on with you in this group.
>
> Very short comment on what I refer to as 'shared benefit' systems you can
> find here:
> http://polyeconomy.info/systems/#shared-benefit
>
> I've just spoken with Melvin about using http://webcredits.org which he
> works on for that purpose. But maybe I shouldn't start with implementation
> details?...
>
> Nowadays many people who contribute to providing electricity in grids and
> running common transit, choose to accept money for it and leave granting
> access to those resources to someone else. I would like to help developing
> technology which can empower people to decide who they would like to grant
> access to resources they have contributed to make available.
>
> In our example cases, people who make contributions to providing
> electricity in to certain grid, could hold certain shares of it and
> distribute them to whoever they want however their like. Similar with
> common transit access, contributors could have their pools to share with
> others.
>
> I believe it can give people more personal freedom, distribute decision on
> granting access among all contributors, crate stronger community bounds
> among people and greater diversity in ways of gaining access to resources
> (nowadays IMO very sadly dominated by commerce)
>
> In web credits I see mention of IOU "i owe you" but in this case I would
> look at it more as "access granting tokens" or "shares of collectively
> [...]

You could model it that way

I would personally have a the currency point to all the details of the
"shares" on another page.

Then you need a simple javascript loop to go through the JSON objects, add
them up, and put them on a page.