Re: A few nits on PDF Techniques

From: Duff Johnson <duff@duff-johnson.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 07:27:37 -0700
Cc: "public-comments-wcag20@w3.org" <public-comments-wcag20@w3.org>
To: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Hi Andrew,

> Thanks for the comments. We have updated the links to PDF/UA and added the Matterhorn Protocol.

If I didn’t say so already… this is much appreciated.

> The accessibility checking and repair section could undoubtedly use updating, if you would like to suggest specific edits we would be happy to review them.

It’s something I’d love to do… I just don’t know when.

> Regarding VoiceOver and PDF, this assistive technology is capable to reading PDF content, and uses the tag structure to do so.

That’s not my understanding. I checked with Andres G…. it’s not his understanding either.

> There may be issues that prevent any user agent from fully conforming with PDF/UA requirements, but we feel that it is appropriate to leave this tool on the user agent list.

So far as I know VO does not support tagged PDF in the slightest. If not it should certainly be removed from the list.

Thanks,

Duff.