Re: Test procedure Example 4 will not work in all documents

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Kerstin Probiesch
> Email: k.probiesch@gmail.com
> Affiliation:
> Document: TD
> Item Number: PDF3
> Part of Item: Examples
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Test procedure Example 4 will not work in all documents
> In technique PDF 3 the reflow mode is listed as one of the possible
> testing procedures for 1.3.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.3, 2.4.3.
>
> In PDF for example white text on colored backgrounds very often /mostly
> the white text isn't visible because the blue background won't be displayed
> in the reflow-mode. Therefore the test procedure in Example 4 is not
> working in these situations and for these SCs and testers might come to
> different / invalid results for example if one tester uses a screenreader
> and another tester the reflow-mode.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Proposed change:
>
> a. Delete example 4 because of the risk of invalid results in evaluations
> (preferred) or
>
> b. Add a note that this testing procedure should't be used if documents
> contents white text.

Thank you for the comment.  Based on your and others feedback, we have
significantly edited the PDF3 technique. We have added a note to Example 5
(formerly example 4) to highlight this scenario and suggest a process which
allows authors to use this technique.