Re: Embeded Flash content

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Makoto UEKI - Infoaxia, Inc. <
makoto.ueki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for the response.I appreciate your help.
>
> Can I ask you an additional question?
>
> When the Flash buttons receive focus, the Flash animation would be
> paused. However,
> if the user move the focus to the HTML links and/or controls on the
> same page, the Flash
> animation would be restarted. Even if so, does it mean that the Flash
> animation passed SC 2.2.2?
>

> ================================
If you cannot move the focus away from the buttons without the animation
restarting, then the animation cannot be paused in a manner that allows use
of the page -- so it would not be considered a pause in the way it is meant
in the SC.   We have clarified this in the Understanding Document by adding
the following:

For a mechanism to be considered "a mechanism for the user to pause," it
must provide the user with a means to pause that does not tie up the user or
the focus so that the page cannot be used.  The word "pause" here is meant
in the sense of a "pause button" although other mechanisms than a button can
be used.   Having an animation stop only so long as a user has focus on it
(where it restarts as soon as the user moves the focus away) would not be
considered a "mechanism for the user to pause" because it makes the page
unusable in the process and would not meet this SC.