Re: Technique has poor and undocumented browser support

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 9:00 AM,  <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Earl Cousins
> Email: earl@automatedculture.com
> Affiliation:
> Document: TD
> Item Number: FLASH17
> Part of Item: User Agent Notes
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Technique has poor and undocumented browser support
> The techniques described in FLASH17 regarding keyboard access to a Flash object, and the working example, only work in Firefox and IE for Windows. They don't work in Chrome (Win/Mac) or either Firefox or Safari for Mac.
>
> The technique makes no mention of these limitations, which seem unreasonable (doesn't seem to work in any webkit browsers at all).
>
> Proposed Change:
> Short term: Update the technique to reflect the current level of browser support.
>
> Long term: Modify the techniques to increase the supported set of browsers (especially webkit).

Thanks you for suggesting these User Agent notes for this technique.
We have both updated the technique so that it works with more User
Agents and updated the User Agent Notes to reflect the current level
of browser support and to note the dependence on Javascript.