Re: Incomplete naming of technique

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:48 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Guy Moreau
> Email: guy.moreau@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca
> Affiliation: HRSDC (Goverment of Canada)
> Document: TD
> Item Number: F3
> Part of Item: Description
> Comment Type: editorial
> Summary of Issue: Incomplete naming of technique
> The draft adds: "[begin add]This failure would apply equally in a case
> where the background image was declared in the HTML style attribute, as well
> as in a case where the background image declaration was created dynamically
> in a client script (see example 3 below).[end add]" but the title does not
> reflect this significant and wonderful addition.
>
> The proprose change makes the naming more general and applicable to all
> ways to provide an non-decorative img and also give a subtle hint what
> solution.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Modify name to:
> Failure of [...] due to not using the img tag for images that [...]
>
> ================================
CSS, in our estimation, can refer to both of the newly added styling methods
mentioned in the description. Even when added via script, the background
image property is still a CSS property, as are properties included in the
style attribute.

We would prefer to include CSS in the title, as opposed to the more generic
title suggested in the comment, so that readers will quickly understand
which specific methods of adding images are in fact a failure.

The suggested title in the comment, i.e. not using the img tag, might then
have to be expanded to include input elements of type image at the very
least, perhaps other elements as well, thus rendering the title verbose.