Re: Alternate Versions of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:26:57 -0700
To: shajirkp@gmail.com
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:18 PM,  <shajirkp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Name: Shajir KP
> Email: shajirkp@gmail.com
> Affiliation: Ministry of Manpower, Sultanate of Oman
> Document: W2
> Item Number: (none selected)
> Part of Item:
> Comment Type: general comment
> Summary of Issue: Alternate Versions of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
> in the page
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/versions/guidelines/
> its said that for PDF format "It is expected that the following versions will be available in August 2009:".
>
> is it available now?
>
> Proposed Change:
> if available please change the page by giving the link.
>
> Thanks

It has been our goal to produce PDF versions of the guidelines with a
layout optimized for print. However, due to lack of resources we have
been unable to accomplish that in the expected time frame. Therefore,
for the moment we have produced PDF versions that are essentially
"printouts" of the HTML. In the future if we are able to make enhanced
PDF versions available we will post those. Meanwhile the preliminary
PDF versions are available from
http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/versions/.