Re: F81: blue text

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 7:21 AM,  <makoto.ueki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: Infoaxia, Inc.
> Document: TD
> Item Number: F81
> Part of Item: Description
> Comment Type: general comment
> Summary of Issue: F81: blue text
> "the label "Phone Number" is displayed in blue text only"
>
> The blue text is used for a link in general. This is not a good description in terms of usability.
>
> Proposed Change:
> We changed it to "red text" when we translated this document.

We have modified the example and added a note to explain the problem
more completely.

In the first example, we are changing "in blue text only" to  ".. is
displayed in a color different from the color used for optional
fields."

We are adding a Note after the two examples:
NOTE:  In both examples, the color could be used without failure if
the text was sufficiently different in visual presentation (e.g. bold
or in a different font) that it would be easily differentiated from
the surrounding text if the color were removed. It would also not fail
if the color chosen had sufficient luminosity difference (lightness)
from the other text that it would be easily be seen as different if
viewed in black and white.  In these cases - the information would not
be displayed in color (hue) alone but also in "presentation" or
"lightness" respectively.