Re: Example 4, image need alt text instead of title

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM,  <bury.rodan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Name: Rodan Bury
> Email: bury.rodan@gmail.com
> Affiliation:
> Document: TD
> Item Number: SCR35
> Part of Item: Examples
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Example 4, image need alt text instead of title
> In example n°4, since the input element uses an image, the img element need an alt text, and not a title.
>

> <input  type="image"  src="stuff.gif"  title="Do stuff"  onclick="return doStuff();" />
>
> Proposed Change:
> replace
>
> title="Do stuff"
>

> by
>
> alt="Do stuff"
>

> replace "Note that a title attribute [...]" by "Note that an alt attribute [...]"

Thank you for catching this. While the code in example 4 is valid and
the value of title will be ready by most assistive technologies, the
example code conflicts with advice elsewhere in our documentation. We
will update the example per your suggestions the next time we publish
the techniques.