Re: H91: Example 2e

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:06:23 -0800
To: Makoto Ueki <makoto.ueki@gmail.com>
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 9:22 PM,  <makoto.ueki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: Infoaxia, Inc.
> Document: TD
> Item Number: H91
> Part of Item: Examples
> Comment Type: question
> Summary of Issue: H91: Example 2e
> "Example 2e" reads:
>
> Example 2e uses the 'alt' attribute of the input element, in this case "save", as the name. The title attribute is not used.
>

> Example Code:
>
> <input type="image" src="save.gif" alt="save" title="save" />
>

> Example code has title attribute though the description reads "The title attribute is not used."
>

> Which is correct?
>

> Proposed Change:
> Need clarification.

Thank you for your comment. We have revised the example as follows:

Example 2e clarifies how the user agent determines the name if the
author specifies both the 'alt' and 'title' attributes of the input
element. In this case, the user agent uses the 'alt' attribute
("Save") and ignores the 'title' attribute.

Example Code:

<input type="image" src="save.gif" alt="save" title="save the file" />