Re: Specification is not clear

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:38 AM, <felix.nagel@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Name: Felix Nagel
> Email: felix.nagel@googlemail.com
> Affiliation:
> Document: TD
> Item Number: ARIA3
> Part of Item: Examples
> Comment Type: question
> Summary of Issue: Specification is not clear
> Hey there,
>

> im wrting my master thesis at this time and im not sure whats right in this
> case.
>

> Take a look at this to links:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/ARIA3.html
>
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/#aria-valuemax
>

> In the WCAG 2.0 Techniques it seems to be ok when i use any value für
> valuemax or min. Not only decimal like per cent but something like a date or
> even a process step like "1 out of 5". Last Example is what i need, so
> please tell me if this would be ok.
>

> But in the ARIA Spec there is said only decimal value is allowed.
>

> MS (i know, not responsible and breaking the law, ähh web) talks about a
> string as value:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc848878(VS.85).aspx<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc848878%28VS.85%29.aspx>
>

> So whats the clue?
>
> Proposed Change:
> Mhh change Example in the Techs or change the Spec for ARIA. And of course
> please inform me ;-) I need it for my thesis.
>

> Keep up the good work! Thanks in advanced.
>
> Greetings from Hamburg, Germany
>

> Felix

Thank you for getting in touch. Our ARIA techniques are available only for
guidance until such time as the ARIA specification becomes a W3C
Recommendation. Some of our techniques will need to be updated when that
occurs.

Please refer to the latest version of the ARIA specification for the latest
implementation examples.

Thanks.