Re: Reference to 1.3.1 absent for these techniques

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Sailesh Panchang
<sailesh.panchang@deque.com> wrote:

> H50     Using structural elements (ul/ol,map) to group links    2.4.1
> H70     Using frame elements to group blocks of repeated material
> 2.4.1
> Comment:
> One can perceive  the grouping of links / content (info and relationships)
> if above techniques are implemented.
> Therefore above techniques apply to 1.3.1- info and relationships also. This
> linkage is absent now.
> Note: other techniques related to grouping (fieldset (h71), optgroup (h85))
> reference 1.3.1.
> Sailesh Panchang
> Accessibility Services Manager (Web and Software)
> Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
> 11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
> Reston VA 20191
> Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
> E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com

There is a large overlap between SC 1.3.1 and SC 2.4.1, since content
structure can be useful for navigation.

However, H50 and H70 are techniques narrowly written to address the
requirement that users be able to skip repeated material. While they
may be examples of meeting SC 1.3.1, we think that adding them to the
SC 1.3.1 sufficient techniques would be confusing. H48: "Using ol, ul
and dl for lists" is a more general list technique that is a
sufficient technique for SC 1.3.1.