Re: Include H69 as technique for 2.4.6

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Sailesh Panchang <spanchang02@yahoo.com> wrote:

> SC 2.4.6 lists a general technique (G130) but omits to list
> H69: Providing heading elements at the beginning of each section of content
> as a sufficient technique.
>
> Also F2 may be listed as a failure for 2.4.6. Currently no failures are listed.
> Sailesh Panchang
> www.deque.com

We have included H69 as a related technique to G130, but since it is
primarily about adding headings to facilitate navigation and not about
whether they describe topic or purpose, we have not included it under
2.4.6. Similarly, we have not added F2 because it is not a failure of
SC 2.4.6, but a failure of SC 1.3.1. Headings can be properly
descriptive (meeting SC 2.4.6) but still improperly marked up (failing
SC 1.3.1). There are no common failures listed for SC 2.4.6 because
there were no special cases to call out, apart from just failing to
meet the success criterion because a heading is not suitably
descriptive.